Ola! I’m Millie! You can find me based in the beautiful Bradford-on-Avon Studio with Matthew, Bertie and most importantly Winston. I began my career with the Matthew Oliver team in April 2015, and its been an incredible year creating beautiful events. Becoming a wedding planner is something I’ve always dreamed of doing. This was something from a young age I knew I wanted to do, even throwing a big wedding for my barbie when she married Action Man, was the most elaborate event to date!
Coming from a creative family it’s in the genes, my cousin is a wedding stationer and my brother and partner design and make bespoke wedding dresses. It was through their shop that I met Matthew in 2015, whilst helping to organise a styled shoot in the New Forest #historymade. Working closely with Matthew, in collaboration with Nortier Shallow, White Lilac, Paula Broome Photography and many others to create a wonderful styled shoot to showcase our different skills. The images from this shoot went on to be featured in Junebug and Vow.
I’m so excited to be working with someone who I aspire to be like! I hope to learn and grow under Matthew’s guidance, wealth of knowledge and experience in the industry. Hopefully bringing in my own ideas and natural creative flair.
Exploring new ideas with each event or wedding, is something I love doing, weddings should be as unique as each couple. The feeling is remarkable when walking away from a wedding knowing that you were someone that helped create someone else’s dream. This definitely is the dream job.
A Little More About Me
- Peonies are my favourite flowers, I am a little obsessed!
- I spend far too much money on Free People, ASOS and notonthehighstreet (oops!)
- My ideal way to spend a rainy day is watching Sex and the City and scrapbooking
- I love to travel and seeing all parts of the world, my aim in life is to visit every country (or at least try!)
- Squishiness of babies and waggy tailed dogs make me very happy!
- I own far too much silver jewellery
- My family always get homemade cards from me (they’re probably sick of them now!)
- I love all things vintage, stamps, postcards and old fashioned cameras (as you can see in my moodboard)
- You will often find me wearing stripes, my favourite pattern!
- I worked in America for SWR Connections, with an event planning company, organising corporate events for Mercedes Benz and Universal Studios. Even though I very luckily got to trial the Harry Potter broomsticks, I knew I wanted to do something more creative…