Weddings are unique, beautiful, emotional and often the biggest day of someone’s life, and I with the team are honoured to be able to create them. Working with couples from all over the world and really getting to know them is an incredible experience and something I have an immense passion for doing. After 11 years of planning destination weddings, I have learnt it all comes down to two things, the Connection and Personality. You must have a Connection with the couple to really get to know them and create a wedding which is all them, it also makes for a fun planning process! The other is Personality, taking into account the personality of the venue, of course the couple and a little of what makes Matthew Oliver Weddings special, bringing it all together to create something stunning, which has never been seen before. Creating weddings is what I do, what I love doing, and I can’t see myself doing anything else.
Family and friends are everything and they have completely shaped my life and helped me on my journey! My mum, dad and sister all have their own companies, so the support system is extremely strong amongst us. You’ll often find my sister and me drinking a large glass of red talking all things bridal!
What I love most (except our couples, weddings, Winston and of course Bertie!) is going on a long run after work, down the canal path in Bradford-on-Avon with Winston, listening to my female rap and 80’s music – trying my best to sing/rap! (and failing…)
I’m very fortunate with the success of Matthew Oliver and also in life, Bertie has not only been my best friend, but has also been very supportive in the direction of the business, where we can bounce ideas off each other from two different perspectives, which is invaluable!
Love Matthew x
A Little More About Me
- Oliver isn’t my name – I made it up!
- I use way too many emojis – my current favourite is the celebration emoji!
- I love an adventure and getting lost in the adventure.
- Wearing bow ties is my signature and as you can imagine I have a large collection!
- I’m sad at the end of each wedding because it’s all over!
- Plants, Grey’s Anatomy and Ru Paul’s Drag Race are the way to my heart – though I’m not great at keeping plants alive 😐
- I like to build friendships with each of my couples.
- I love animals to the point that when I step on a snail I shout out in pain.
- David Attenborough is my idol and the reason why I LOVE animals.
- I’m a vegan and love coffee!
- I love, love, love female rap, girl bands and 80’s music! – I also love Bette Midler and Barbra Streisand.
- I’m a huge dinosaur/ Jurassic Park/ Star Wars (classic) geek.
- The way I like to unwind is to get lost in a computer game and feel like I’m there, playing that character.
- I’m way too competitive 😉
- I’m just a normal guy, with a huge, huge imagination…