Weddings are unique, beautiful, emotional and often the biggest day of someone’s life, and I with the team are honoured to be able to create them. Working with couples from all over the world and really getting to know them is an incredible experience and something I have an immense passion for doing. After 11 years of planning destination weddings, I have learnt it all comes down to two things, the Connection and Personality. You must have a Connection with the couple to really get to know them and create a wedding which is all them, it also makes for a fun planning process! The other is Personality, taking into account the personality of the venue, of course the couple and a little of what makes Matthew Oliver Weddings special, bringing it all together to create something stunning, which has never been seen before. Creating weddings is what I do, what I love doing, and I can’t see myself doing anything else.
Family and friends are everything and they have completely shaped my life and helped me on my journey! My mum, dad and sister all have their own companies, so the support system is extremely strong amongst us. You’ll often find my sister and me drinking a large glass of red talking all things bridal!
What I love most (except our couples, weddings, Winston and of course Bertie!) is going on a long run after work, down the canal path in Bradford-on-Avon with Winston, listening to my female rap and 80’s music – trying my best to sing/rap! (and failing…)
I’m very fortunate with the success of Matthew Oliver and also in life, Bertie has not only been my best friend, but has also been very supportive in the direction of the business, where we can bounce ideas off each other from two different perspectives, which is invaluable!
Love Matthew x
A Little More About Me
- Oliver is not my name – I made it up!
- Wearing bow ties is my signature and as you can imagine I have a large collection!
- I’m sad at the end of each wedding because it’s all over!
- Flowers and Grey’s Anatomy are the way to my heart.
- I like to build a friendship with my couples.
- I love animals to the point that when I step on a snail I shout out in pain.
- David Attenborough is my idol, and the reason why I love animals.
- I’m a Vegan who loves coffee!
- I love, love, love female rap and 80’s music – I’m actually writing this to 80’s music!
- I’m just a normal guy, with a huge imagination…..